Want to watch powerful stories and dynamic shows of OWN on your Amazon Firestick device? Here’s how to install and activate the WATCH OWN APP on your new or old Firestick models at start.watchown.tv/activate. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy all that OWN offers!
OWN TV, or Oprah Winfrey Network, is an American Pay-TV channel jointly owned by Discovery, Inc. and Harpo Studios. The channel mainly targets the African-American audience and is enjoyed by more than 84% of households in the United States.
The network offers reality shows, dramas, and talk shows on topics relevant to Black women, such as relationships, family, health, and wellness.
To access the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) library on your TV-connected Firestick device, download the WATCH OWN app from the Amazon App Store and activate your device at start.watchown.tv/activate using a participating TV provider.
The channel is available on most cable and satellite providers in the United States, including Verizon, DirecTV, Spectrum, Xfinity, AT&T, and others.
Start.watchown.tv/activate FireStick or Fire TV
Follow the steps below to install and activate OWN TV on your Amazon FireStick device –
- Turn on your Amazon FireStick device.
- Go to the Amazon App Store.
- Look for the OWN TV App and download it.
- Click Open to launch the app on Fire TV.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to generate an activation code.
- Now, visit start.watchown.tv/activate on a computer or mobile device. You will see the field for entering the activation code.
- Enter the activation code and click the Link TV Provider button.
- Sign in with your service provider credentials.
You can now enjoy your favorite shows and movies on your FireStick-connected TV.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Android TV
To watch the OWN TV channel on your Android smart TV, follow the below installation & activations tips –
- On your Android TV, tap the Apps option.
- Select the Google Play Store app under the Apps section.
- Search for the Watch OWN app in the Play Store app.
- Tap the Install button to download and install the app.
- When installed, launch the app and copy the activation code.
- Now, open start.watchown.tv/activate on a Phone/PC browser.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- Next, log into your account using the select TV Provider credentials.
The Watch OWN app is now linked to your Android TV.
THE OWN TV Activation code is not working! – Troubleshooting Tips
- Uninstall the App and Reinstall it. After reinstalling, open the app and look for a new activation code.
- Double-check that you have entered the proper activation code.
- Don’t wait too long to activate the app on your device after receiving the code. The code will expire, and you will have to start again.
- The code will work only in the United States. In the United Kingdom, you will need a VPN to access it.
We hope the above process has helped you set up the OWN TV on your streaming device using start.watchown.tv/activate. Below, we have covered some frequently asked questions from the users who have tried to activate the app. If you have any queries, you can find the answers in the FAQs section or post the same in the comment box. We will surely provide a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the OWN TV app is completely free. However, you need to have a TV provider and an appropriate plan.
Yes, the OWN TV app is compatible with the Amazon FireStick device.
Check out the weekly primetime schedule for the OWN TV schedule.
Yes. You will have the option to turn on or turn off the captions based on your preferences.