If you have been bored watching movies and TV shows on the regular apps available on your Amazon Fire TV, Kodi could be a great option to level up your streaming experience. This free, open-source software is designed keeping in mind the utter interest of users’ preferences.
If you wish to stream content from a website not supported by a Fire TV device, you need to install Kodi, add that website, and stream content through the Kodi app. To know how to install and use Kodi on your Fire TV Stick, go through the detailed information suggested below.
How to Install and Use Kodi on Amazon Firestick
Kodi has been in business for almost two decades, and numerous versions of the Kodi app have been released during this period. In this guide, we are providing information on Kodi 19.3 and 18.9 versions.
Prerequisites for Installing Kodi on Fire TV
- Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV (Updated)
- Stable internet connection
- Downloader app
How to To Get the Downloader App on Fire TV?
- Go to your Fire TV Stick’s home screen and select the FIND option.
- Type “Downloader” in the search field.
- Select the Downloader app from the search result.
- Press the Get button to download & install the Downloader app.
- After Downloader app installation, proceed to install the Kodi app.
Kodi Installation Preparation on Fire TV Stick
Before installing the Kodi app on your Fire TV device, make sure of the following:
- Turn on ADB debugging
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Disable Collect App Usage Data
- Disable Device Usage Data
To check if the suggestions mentioned above are in the recommended order, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings section on your Fire TV.
- Select the My Fire TV option.
- Next, press Developer Options.
- Now, tap on ADB debugging (enable it).
- Now, select the Install unknown apps option and enable it for the Downloader app.
- Open Settings > Preferences > Privacy Settings > disable Collect App Usage Data and Device Usage Data options.
Steps to Install Kodi App on Your Fire TV Stick (using Downloader)
- Launch the Downloader app and select the URL Field.
- Press the Go button and wait for the download process to get complete.
- Press the Install button once the app gets downloaded.
- After installation, click Open to launch the Kodi application.
- If the Kodi app does not appear on your Fire TV’s home screen, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi to open it.
How to Use Kodi App on Fire TV Stick
Once the Kodi app is installed on your Fire TV Stick, you may want to know how to use it on your Fire TV device. As Kodi is only a media player, you will need to install various Kodi addons/builds such as Exodus redux, Venom Addon, FEN Addon, Titanium Build, etc. to stream movies, TV Shows, or other desired content.
REMEMBER: Before you start using Kodi to stream any content, remember that anything you stream on Kodi is visible to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Government. Depending on your Geographical Location and Legal Terms, you may lead to serious legal proceedings.
Kodi Installation Failed – Troubleshooting Tips
Consider the following workarounds if you cannot install the Kodi app or cannot access it on your Fire TV.
- Check your internet connectivity.
- Update your Fire TV to the latest version.
- Clear the cache of the Kodi app.
- Remove and reinstall the Kodi app.
- Install another version of the Kodi app (19.2 instead of 19.3 or 18.9).
- Use VPN to overcome geographical or ISP restrictions (if any).
- Check addon compatibility with your Kodi app.
Kodi app is an excellent application to install on your Fire TV to watch some extra content that may not be available in Amazon Store. However, always add an authentic add-on to your Kodi app to avoid legal troubles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kodi 19.3 Matrix is the latest version of the Kodi app that you can install on your Fire TV. However, some users have reported about certain features not functioning on it. If this is the case, you can consider installing Kodi 19.2 or a lower version.
Kodi application is completely safe and legal in itself. The application is available on popular application stores such as Google Play Store and Microsoft Store. However, as Kodi allows users to add third-party add-ons, installing an add-on that streams copyrighted content may lead you to trouble.
You can install the Kodi app on Fire TV Cube apart from Fire TV Stick. You can follow the instructions mentioned above to install the Kodi app on your Fire TV Cube.
Kodi app allows you to watch almost all types of content such as movies, TV shows, live TV, documentaries, sports, anime, etc. However, remember that Kodi is only a media platform. To watch content on it, install a relevant add-on.