Viki, also known as Rakuten Viki, is a premium American video streaming service that streams licensed content similar to other services like Hulu. Viki is free to stream; however, you can subscribe to Viki Pass for an ad-free, HD experience.
This streaming service is home to American and Asian dramas, movies, and shows (Japan, Korea, Thailand, Mainland China, Taiwan, and more).
Viki is available on all leading streaming devices. You can use your Fire TV Stick to discover and watch award-winning Korean dramas, Asian movies and TV shows, and K-pop music performances.
Don’t know how to get the Viki app on your Fire TV device? Read this guide to log in and watch Viki on Fire TV at viki.com/firetv.
Prerequisites to Activate Viki on Fire TV
From top Japanese dramas like You’re My Pet and Mischievous Kiss to KPOP groups like BLACKPINK, BTS, etc., and K dramas, such as True Beauty, and Tale of the Nine-Tailed, you can watch all of these and more on your Amazon FireStick device if you have the following prerequisites handy.
- An account with Viki.
- Updated Fire TV device.
- A mobile phone or computer to visit viki.com/firetv.
- High-speed internet connection.
viki.com/firetv – Activate Viki on Fire TV
Your Fire TV device is updated. You have the correct subscription details. So, it is time to use these easy steps to install and activate Viki on Fire TV.
- Power on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Press the Home icon on the remote to access the home screen.
- From here, you need to scroll to the Amazon App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and search for the Viki app using the virtual keyboard.
- Click the Get button when the app appears on the screen.
- After installing the app, you need to return to the home screen.
- Launch the app and take note of the activation code before opening viki.com/firetv on another device.
- Click the Login button and enter the Viki sign-in credentials.
- Provide the code in the desired field and click Activate.
You are now ready to stream Viki on Fire TV.
How to Create a Viki Account?
You may skip this section if you already have your Viki account credentials. But if you don’t have an account yet, we recommend checking the following steps.
- Open viki.com/sign-up on a computer or mobile device.
- You will have five ways to sign up with Viki –
- Continue with Email
- Continue with Rakuten
- Continue with Apple
- Continue with Facebook
- Continue with Google
- Select an option and confirm that you are at least 18 years old and above.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a Viki account.
Now that your Viki account is ready, you can use the credentials to activate Viki on your Fire TV at viki.com/firetv.
How to Subscribe to Viki Pass Plans
You need to upgrade your plan to enjoy an array of the most curated shows, including Viki Originals, Viki Exclusives, and content labeled PLUS or STANDARD.
Here’s how you can subscribe to Viki Pass.
- Open the Viki Pass Plan page on your computer.
- Select one of the plans – Viki Pass Standard ($4.99 per month) or Viki Pass Plus with Kocowa ($9.99 per month).
- Click the Start 7 days free trial option.
- If you already have the sign-in credentials, enter the details and click the Continue button. (Or, you can select an option to sign up.)
- Enter the payment details on this page and click the Subscribe button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Viki app is available on the Amazon App Store on the Fire TV device.
Yes, you can stream Viki without subscribing to any plans.
To watch Viki Originals and Viki Exclusives, you must subscribe to one of its paid plans.
Both Viki Pass plans have a free 7-day trial period. You can subscribe to one of these plans and enjoy the free trial. Make sure you cancel it before the free trial ends.