How to Activate NBC App on Amazon FireStick?
National Broadcasting Company or NBC is an American television network known as the ‘Peacock Network.’ It is the oldest broadcast network in the United States alongside ABC and CBS. With the advancement in streaming mode, NBC has come up with the NBC app for online streaming. The NBC app provides access to watch live streaming or content on-demand. In addition, you can enjoy hours of NBC content, including other NBC channels such as E! Bravo, Oxygen, and SYFY. The NBC app is available on various streaming platforms such as Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, etc. Here, we will be discussing the process of activating it on a FireStick device via nbc.com/activate.
Top Guide to Install and Activate NBC at nbc.com/activate
Want to activate the NBC app on your Amazon FireStick TV device? Here is a detailed guide to assist you.
Installing the NBC App on FireStick
- Navigate to the ‘Search‘ function (magnifying glass icon) at the left end of the tab group above the Fire TV home screen.
- Type NBC in the search field.
- Tap the NBC app from the search results; this will redirect you to the NBC app page.
- On the NBC app page, click on DOWNLOAD/ GET. The app will start downloading. After the download is complete, the app will get installed automatically. This process will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Click on the ‘Open‘ option to launch the app.
Steps to Activate NBC on FireStick
After the app installation, sign in to your TV provider with an ongoing monthly cable subscription. Also, sign up for an NBCUniversal account at the official NBC website. After this, follow the steps to activate NBC using nbc.com/activate:
- Open the NBC app from the “Your Apps & Channels” section on the Firestick home screen.
- Tap Activate Your Device. This will generate an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, open the NBC activation page www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter the activation code and click on Continue.
- Now, log in using your NBCUniversal account and add it to your TV provider account.
All Done! Now enjoy your favorite shows – Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, America’s Got Talent. In addition, classics such as Will & Grace, House, Heroes, Saved by the Bell are available for free.
Similar Post –
Activate BET TV on FireStick
NBC App on FireStick – Streaming Issues
If you are facing any streaming issues with the NBC app on your FireStick, try these fixes:
Fix 1: Force stop the NBC app and clear the cache. For this, go to Settings> Applications> Manage Installed Applications> NBC. Now, tap Force Stop and then Clear cache/ data.
Fix 2: Reset your FireStick. Go to Settings, select Device/ My Fire TV, and tap restart.
Fix 3: Sign out from your TV provider account from the NBC app settings. Then, relaunch the app and re-authenticate using your TV provider account using this link – nbc.com/mvpd-picker.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Check if your FireStick is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network. A minimum of 10mbps internet connection is required for smooth streaming.
You need to force stop the app and clear the cache. Relaunch the app. The steps are provided above as ‘Fix 1’.
The reason for the content lock is determined by the business arrangements with partners and TV providers. This may also indicate that the locked content can be accessed with a subscription.
Yes, you need to visit the Play Store and download the ‘NBC’ app to access NBC on your phone.