This blog will discuss how to activate the AMC channel on your Amazon Firestick device to watch live TV and your favorite movies, trailers, full episodes, and extras.
AMC is a famous American multinational pay television channel that is the flagship property of AMC Networks. The channel is available in over 100 countries and is one of the most popular cable channels in the United States.
There are two AMC channel TV apps: the AMC app and the AMC+ app.
The AMC app is the official app for the AMC channel. It allows you to watch theatrically released films, original programming, and award-winning series such as The Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad.
To watch AMC on Firestick, subscribe to the channel through a participating pay-TV provider or streaming service. Once subscribed, install the AMC app from the Amazon App Store and activate your device at amc.com/activate using the TV provider credentials.
Complete Guide to Activate AMC App on Firestick/ Fire TV
Here are some must-have things you will require to watch AMC on Amazon Fire TV.
- High-speed internet connection.
- A compatible Fire TV Stick device.
- A mobile phone or tablet to access amc.com/activate.
- AMC subscription through a participating TV provider.
You can use the following steps to get the AMC app on your Firestick device. After adding the app, you must activate it via amc.com/activate to watch movies and videos on your TV.
- Please turn on your Amazon Firestick device and ensure it’s connected to your TV via an HDMI port.
- Go to the home screen by pressing the Home icon on the Fire TV remote.
- From there, access the Find section.
- Access the Search option and type AMC using the on-screen keyboard.
- The AMC app should appear on the screen.
- Please select it and click the Get button to install the app.
- Press Open to launch the AMC app on Fire TV.
- Now, follow the prompts on your TV to generate a unique activation code.
- Note down the code and visit amc.com/activate on a phone or computer.
- Enter the code and click the SUBMIT button.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials to complete the activation process.
Wait for a few seconds, and your TV screen will automatically refresh. Finally, you are ready to watch AMC on Firestick.
AMC TV App Activation Failed – How to Troubleshoot?
Can’t access AMC on FireTV? Here are some of the recommended troubleshooting tips for your reference.
- Check Your Internet Connection: Check your internet connection before checking anything else. Contact your internet service provider if there’s a severe issue.
- Update the App: One of the reasons you can’t stream AMC on Fire TV is your obsolete app. Delete it and reinstall the app. Make sure the app is updated. Now, generate a code and activate AMC on your device.
- Contact Your TV Provider: If the TV provider credentials don’t match, reach out to your service provider.
Once you activate the AMC app on Fire TV, you will be able to watch popular movies like The Punisher, Silver Streak, Major League, Die Hard, The Mummy, Charlie’s Angels, Alien, and many more.
Although you need a cable or satellite subscription to watch your favorite content, cord-cutters can watch AMC with a streaming service like Sling TV, FuboTV, DIRECTV Stream, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting the AMC app on your Fire TV device doesn’t cost a penny. Simply navigate to the App Store and search for the AMC app. Then, install the app by clicking the Get button.
Now that’s a question. The truth is if your TV provider offers AMC, you don’t have to pay any money to stream AMC content. On the other hand, you can watch AMC on Fire TV without cable, subscribe to a streaming service, and enjoy Mad Men, The Prisoner, Hell on Wheels, and McMafia.