MTV, launched in 1981, is a cable TV channel and serves as the flagship property of Paramount Global. The channel gained a massive fan following for airing music videos around the clock. Today, you can watch video music awards, pop culture, celebrity news, reality TV shows, music clips, movies, movie awards, and so much more on MTV.
Paramount Global’s Entertainment Group launched the official MTV app for smartphones and streaming media players. You can stream exclusive reality TV shows, red carpet moments, bonus clips, live TV, deleted scenes, and award ceremonies by getting the app on a compatible streaming device.
If you own an Amazon FireStick device, learn how to install and activate the MTV app at mtv.com/activate to watch original shows and real-time programs.
Things You Will Need to Activate MTV on FireStick
Before you stream MTV on FireStick, you must add and activate the MTV app on your device. For that, you will require a couple of things.
- Use a stable internet connection on your FireStick and mobile devices.
- To unlock MTV content on Fire Stick, be ready with your TV provider sign-in details.
Let us walk you through the steps to activate MTV on FireStick.
Guide to Activate MTV on FireStick or Fire TV at mtv.com/activate 
The Amazon App Store supports the MTV app. So all you have to do is to sneak peek into the App Store on your Fire Stick device and download the MTV app. The process is simple and hardly takes a couple of minutes to finish.
- Turn on your FireStick device and go to App Store.
- In the App Store, use the virtual keyboard to type MTV in the search box.
- Select the app from the search results and click Download or Get.
- The app will not get downloaded & installed on your Fire Stick device.
- After downloading the MTV app on your Fire TV, click Open to launch the app.
- Inside the MTV app, click SIGN IN to get an activation code.
- Launch your mobile or computer browser to access mtv.com/activate.
- Type the 7-character code and click the CONTINUE button.
- If prompted, sign in with your service provider credentials.
You can now watch captivating TV series, celebrity news, and other entertainment content on your FireStick device.
How to Watch MTV without Cable
That can be fun if you know how to get MTV without a pay-TV provider. MTV is available on many live TV streaming services, including Sling TV, Fubo TV, Vidgo, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV STREAM. Choose a perfect package that suits your streaming needs and fits your pocket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can stream MTV on your Fire Stick device with a valid subscription.
MTV comes included in your TV provider channel lineup. You don’t have to buy a special plan to stream MTV on your device or smart TV.
The MTV app is available on the Amazon App Store of the Fire TV device. Downloading the app from the App Store is easier.
– Select Find > Search.
– Search for MTV.
– Select Download or Get.
– Launch the app to generate an activation code.
– Open mtv.com/activate.
– Enter the code & TV provider credentials to activate your device.
The MTV app has plenty of stuff for you to watch. Some popular MTV shows are Teen Mom 2, The Challenge, Jersey Shore Family Vacation, and Catfish: The TV Show. Also, you can watch live TV shows.