Netflix, an American subscription-based streaming service, is available in more than 200 countries, hence the ultimate entertainment hub for millions of movie lovers worldwide. Irrespective of your taste, location, and streaming platform, Netflix ensures to entertain you with its award-winning shows, best-in-class TV series, movies, Originals, and documentaries.
The Netflix app is available on the Amazon App Store. So, the downloading process can be effortless. But here are the prerequisites you will need to activate Netflix on FireStick:
- A compatible FireStick streaming device.
- Account credentials with Netflix.
- Active subscription with Netflix.
- Reliable internet connection.
- A second device to activate Netflix at netflix.com/tv8.
If the above things are ready with you, follow the detailed instructions below to install & activate the Netflix TV app on Fire TV.
netflix.com/tv8 – Activate Netflix on FireStick/ Fire TV 
Refer to the following steps to install & activate Netflix on FireStick via netflix.com/tv8.
- Navigate to the home screen of your FireStick TV.
- Access the Find section and use the remote to select the Search feature.
- Now search for the Netflix app using the virtual keyboard.
- Select the app from the suggestions.
- Press the Download icon or Get to download and install the Netflix app on Fire TV.
- Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
- Select the Sign In option inside the Netflix app to generate a unique activation code.
- Leave the TV screen visible while you visit netflix.com/tv8 on a separate device (laptop, phone, or tablet).
- Enter your Netflix sign-in credentials.
- Enter the code displayed on your Fire TV and click Activate.
Your Netflix account is now linked to your Firestick device. So if you have a valid subscription, you can watch Netflix on Firestick.
Steps to Sign up & Subscribe with Netflix
Have you already signed up with Netflix? If not, follow these steps:
- Go to the Netflix website (www.netflix.com) on your computer or mobile device.
- Type your email address and click the Get Started option.
- Create a password to watch on any device and click Next.
- Choose a suitable plan (Basic, Standard, or Premium) per your needs and budget, and click Continue.
- Now, set up your payment by adding your card or Paypal details.
- After entering the payment details, click Start Membership.
Once you have signed up for Netflix, you can generate a code on your TV and sign in at netflix.com/tv8 to watch your favorite TV shows and movies on your FireStick device.
How to Sign out of Netflix on FireStick?
Want to disconnect your FireStick device from your Netflix account? The steps are easy-to-follow.
- Open the Netflix app on your Firestick.
- Select your Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Account from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down and click on Sign out of all devices.
- Confirm that you want to sign out by clicking Sign Out.
This will sign you out of your Netflix account on all devices, including the Firestick. If you want to sign out of Netflix on just the Firestick –
- Turn on your FireStick and navigate to the home screen.
- Go to Settings and select Applications.
- Look for the option that says Manage All Installed Applications.
- Here, you need to scroll down to find the Netflix app.
- From there, select Clear data and Clear cache to log out of your account.
List of all FireStick Devices Compatible with Netflix
All Amazon Fire TV devices, including Firestick and Fire TV Stick Lite, are compatible with Netflix. This includes the following Fire TV models:
- Fire TV Stick (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Fire TV Stick Lite, 4K & 4K Max
- Fire TV Cube (1st & 2nd generation)
- Fire TV 4-Series Smart TV
- Fire TV Omni Series Smart TV
- Anker Nebular Soundbar Fire TV Edition
- TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar Fire TV Edition
If you have one of these Fire TV devices, you can download the Netflix app from the Amazon Appstore and start streaming TV shows and movies. However, remember that to use Netflix on any streaming device, you must sign in to your Netflix account at netflix.com/tv8.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily get the Netflix app on your FireStick from the Amazon Store.
Netflix is not free. It is a subscription-based streaming service that requires you to pay a monthly fee to access its content. Netflix offers a variety of subscription plans that vary in price based on the number of screens you can watch simultaneously and the video quality you prefer. While Netflix offers a one-month free trial to new users, after the trial period, you will need to choose a subscription plan and pay the monthly fee to continue using the service.
You are recommended to use a VPN service. After installing a VPN on your device, you can choose the local service to start streaming.