Irrespective of your taste, location, and streaming platform, Netflix ensures to entertain you with its award-winning shows, best-in-class TV series, movies, and documentaries.
Netflix, an American subscription-based streaming service, is available in more than 200 countries, hence the ultimate entertainment hub for millions of movie lovers worldwide.
Intrigued by its awe-inspiring shows and originals? Here’s a complete workaround to get Netflix on FireStick.
The Netflix app is available on the Amazon Store. So, the downloading process can be effortless. But here are the prerequisites you must take note of.
- A compatible FireStick streaming device.
- An account with Netflix.
- Subscription with Netflix.
- Reliable internet connection.
- A second device to activate Netflix at netflix.com/activate or netflix.com/tv8.
How to Install & Activate Netflix on FireStick/ Fire TV
Once you have your Netflix account ready, you can refer to the following steps to get Netflix on FireStick.
- Navigate to the home screen of your FireStick TV.
- Access the Find section and use the remote to select the Search feature.
- Now search for the Netflix app using the virtual keyboard.
- Select the app from the suggestions.
- Press the Download icon or Get to download and install the Netflix app on Fire TV.
- Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
- Select the Sign In option inside the Netflix app to generate a unique activation code.
- Leave the TV screen visible while you visit netflix.com/tv8 on a separate device (laptop, phone, or tablet).
- You will then enter your Netflix sign-in credentials.
- Enter the code displayed on your Fire TV and click Activate.
Your Netflix account is now linked to your Firestick. So if you have a valid subscription, you can watch Netflix on Firestick.
Steps to Sign up with Netflix (Subscribe)
Have you already signed up with Netflix? Skip this section if you have an account with Netflix. Others who don’t have it already will find the steps handy.
- Open your computer or mobile device and access the Netflix website.
- Type your email address and click the Get Started option.
- Create a password to watch on any device at any time and click Next.
- Next, you will need to choose a suitable plan (Basic, Standard, or Premium) as per your need and budget.
- Now, set up your payment by adding your card or Paypal details.
- After entering the payment details, click Start Membership.
Your Netflix subscription is now active. You can now follow the steps below to install and activate the Netflix app on your Firestick or Fire TV.
How to Sign out of Netflix on FireStick?
Want to disconnect your device from your Netflix account? The steps are easy-to-follow.
- Turn on your FireStick and navigate to the home screen.
- Go to Settings and select Applications.
- Look for the option that says Manage All Installed Applications.
- Here, you need to scroll down to find the Netflix app.
- Select the app and press Clear Data.
Netflix compatible FireStick Devices
Netflix pairs well on the following FireStick devices –
- Fire TV Stick (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Fire TV Stick Lite, 4K & 4K Max
- Fire TV Cube (1st & 2nd generation)
- Fire TV 4-Series Smart TV
- Fire TV Omni Series Smart TV
- Anker Nebular Soundbar Fire TV Edition
- TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar Fire TV Edition
Downloading the Netflix app on your streaming device is easy, provided Netflix is available on the Amazon App Store. So, make sure you subscribe to Netflix to stream blockbuster movies and hit shows, including Stranger Things-3, Breaking Bad, Grey’s Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, New Girl, and Seinfeld.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily get the Netflix app on your FireStick from the Amazon Store.
You are recommended to use a VPN service. After installing a VPN on your device, you can choose the local service to start streaming.