Nick Jr. is a popular American television channel that targets preschoolers (children aged 2 to 7 years old) and features a mix of originally produced programming and series from the Nickelodeon weekday block. The channel also airs various educational programming designed to help preschoolers learn about letters, numbers, colors, shapes, and other basic concepts.
It has a dedicated TV app that allows you to watch full episodes of your favorite Nick Jr. shows, as well as play games, sing along to songs, and watch exclusive videos. The Nick Jr. app is available on all smart devices and streaming media players like FireStick TV.
To access Nick Jr. on your TV-connected FireStick device, you will require a participating TV provider’s account. In this guide, we will help you install and activate the Nick Jr. app on your Fire TV. at nickjr.com/activate.
What are you waiting for? Let your preschooler have a whale of a time by activating Nick Jr. on Fire TV to watch full episodes of Wallykazam, Mutt & Stuff, Rusty Rivets, and Team Umizoomi and play interactive games like Racing, Coloring Book, Drawing, Stickers, Mermaids, and Firefighters.
Nickjr.com/activate Amazon Fire TV (Step-by-Step)
There are only four (4) steps to activate the Nick Jr. app on your Fire TV device.
- Install the Nick Jr. app.
- Launch the app to get an activation code.
- Enter the code at nickjr.com/activate.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
Let’s get started –
- Turn on your FireStick device.
- Access the Amazon App Store and search for the Nick Jr. app.
- Click the Get or Download option to install the app.
- Launch the app and follow the prompts to generate a code.
- Once you have the code, go to nickjr.com/activate on a computer or mobile phone browser.
- Enter the code (7-character).
- Click the Continue button to access the sign-in page.
- Enter your cable provider sign-in details and click the Sign In button.
The system will verify your subscription details. Once verified, your kids can watch full episodes of their favorite Nick Jr. shows on Fire TV.
How to Get Rid of the Activation Error?
If you have trouble activating the Nick Jr. app on your FireStick device, follow the troubleshooting tips below:
- Delete and reinstall the app.
- Update the Nick Jr. app.
- Update your FireStick device.
- Use a compatible browser to access the nickjr.com/activate website.
- Check your internet connection.
- Delete browser caches and cookies.
- Restart your TV and FireStick and begin the activation process once again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although you don’t pay for the service directly, you will require a participating cable or satellite provider to watch Nick Jr on your TV.
Nick Jr. isn’t available as a standalone service. You must check with your TV provider and ensure the channel is included in your package.
If you don’t have a TV provider, you can still watch Nick Jr. on FireStick TV by subscribing to Paramount+. Paramount+ is a streaming service that offers a variety of content, including Nick Jr. shows.
If your activation code isn’t working, either it has expired, or you aren’t using the correct code. In this case, you must generate a new code by clicking the Regenerate Code option on your TV. Then, visit nickjr.com/activate and type the code carefully.
As per a recent survey by the Pew Research Center, just above 80% of all parents with children (aged between 2 and 11) confided their wards spend more screen time than ever. This is very likely true, owing to the period between pandemic disruptions and the increased dependence of modern elementary education on screen time.
Many educational channels have turned up over these periods, which is also a great sign. But, the main concern lies in picking the right platform for your younger ones. Here is the list of the top 5 kids-friendly channels:
1. Nick Jr.
2. PBS KIDS
3. Cartoon Network
5. Kids and Family