There has been a continuous change in the streaming world, with many streaming services making their debut during the pandemic and after.
Some streaming services like HBO Max, Apple TV+, Peacock, etc. have already made names, while many new services have popped up, offering users an ever-growing library of entertainment – through movies, documentaries, TV shows, live TV, news, and more.
Paramount Plus (Paramount+) is a subscription-based streaming service launched in March 2021 by Paramount Global. It is the replacement for the CBS All Access app and has over 30,000 episodes and movies from popular channels, including Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Pictures, Comedy Central, CBS, BET, and MTV.
Paramount+ is available on all leading streaming devices, such as Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Samsung TV, Vizio TV, LG TV, Portal TV, and more.
It offers two subscription plans: Essential and Premium. The Essential plan costs $4.99 per month and includes ads. The Premium plan costs $9.99 per month and does not include ads.
If you own an Amazon Firestick device, you can stream content from the libraries of Paramount Media Networks and CBS Media Ventures by activating your Paramount+ subscription on your TV at paramountplus.com/firetv.
Read till the end of this article to activate Paramount Plus on Firestick TV:
Things Needed to Activate Paramount+ on Fire TV
You will require a few mandatory things before getting started.
- An updated Fire TV device.
- Paramount Plus account valid credentials.
- Paramount+ active subscription.
- Stable and high-speed internet connection.
- A mobile phone, tablet, or computer to access the paramountplus.com/firetv URL.
Once you have these things handy, you can follow the steps below to activate Paramount Plus on Fire TV:
You activate Paramount Plus on your Amazon Fire TV device using the following steps:
- Turn on your TV and Fire TV device: Ensure your TV and Fire TV device are turned on and properly connected.
- Navigate to the Paramount+ App: Using your Fire TV remote, go to the home screen and navigate to the Apps section. Locate the Paramount+ app among your installed apps or use the search function to find it.
- Launch the Paramount+ App: Click on the Paramount+ app to open it.
- Activation Code: When you open the app, you’ll typically see an option to activate the app. Select this option. The Paramount+ app will display an activation code on your TV screen.
- Visit the Paramount+ Activation Website: Open a web browser on a computer or mobile device and go to paramountplus.com/firetv.
- Enter the Activation Code: On the activation website, enter the activation code displayed on your Fire TV screen. Type it in carefully. Click the Activate button.
- Sign In: Log in to your Paramount+ account if you aren’t already.
Once the activation is successful, you should see a confirmation message on your Fire TV screen. You should now have access to your Paramount+ content.
Here are some of the common issues that you may encounter when activating Paramount Plus on Fire TV and how to fix them:
- The activation code is not displayed: Ensure you follow the steps correctly. If the activation code is still not displayed, try restarting your Fire TV.
- The activation code is invalid: Make sure that you are entering the activation code correctly. If you are still having trouble, try generating a new activation code.
- I cannot sign in to my Paramount+ account: Ensure you are entering your login credentials correctly. If you are still having trouble, try resetting your password.
If you still need help activating Paramount Plus on Fire TV, contact Paramount+ customer support for assistance.
How to Subscribe to Paramount+?
If you haven’t subscribed to the Paramount Plus streaming service yet, you can do that on the Fire TV device. Refer to the steps below:
On your Firestick streaming device
- After installing the Paramount+ app, launch it.
- Select the Subscribe option.
- Since you don’t have an active plan, select a subscription plan.
- Click the Continue option and proceed with creating an account.
- Enter the required details like your name, email address, password, etc.
- Save the login details and tap the Next option.
- Confirm and proceed with your Amazon billing information.
Note: You can also get a free trial of Paramount+ for 7 days. To get a free trial, click on the Try It Free button.
Once you have subscribed to Paramount+, you can use the login credentials to activate Paramount+ on your Firestick at paramountplus.com/firetv.
On your computer
You can also subscribe to Paramount Plus on your computer.
- Go to paramountplus.com.
- Click on the Subscribe button.
- Choose a subscription plan.
- Enter your billing information.
- Click on the Subscribe button.
Here are the different subscription plans that Paramount+ offers:
- Essential: This plan costs $4.99 per month and includes ads.
- Premium: This plan costs $9.99 per month and does not include ads.
- Annual Essential: This plan costs $49.99 per year and includes ads.
- Annual Premium: This plan costs $99.99 per year and does not include ads.
What’s on Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus is home to more than 30,000 episodes. Watch tons of hit shows on demand, hundreds of movies, live sports & breaking news, Paramount Plus Originals, and other top-notch shows from different channels. Some of the most popular titles include:
- All Star Shore (Paramount+ Original)
- Alternatino (Comedy Central)
- All That (Nickelodeon)
- Alaska Aircrash Investigations (Smithsonian Channel)
- Awkward (MTV)
- Basketball Wives LA (VH+1)