They say – laughter is the best medicine. It is the biggest stress-buster – as a hearty laugh enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air. What better way to laugh than watching the best comedy shows with your family on your Firestick or Fire TV?
TruTV, an American basic cable channel, is home to some of the best comedy-based reality series, including Impractical Jokers, Tacoma FD, Adam Ruins Everything, and more.
TruTV was launched in 1991 as Court TV. It was primarily a haven for crime-themed programs, including legal dramas, true crime documentaries series, and coverage of criminal cases. It shifted its focus to comedy in 2008 – the year truTV got its current name.
Apart from comedy shows, truTV is also home to the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
To enjoy hilarious reality shows and exclusive scenes from occasional sports broadcasts on your Amazon Fire TV, install the truTV app from the App Store and activate the channel at trutv.com/activate.
trutv.com/activate FireStick or Fire TV
If you’re eager to watch TruTV shows on your big screen, we can guide you through the activation process. By following the steps below, you will learn how to activate TruTV on your Fire TV Stick streaming device.
- Connect Your FireStick: Switch on your Firestick device and ensure it’s connected to your TV and has a stable internet connection.
- Access the Amazon Appstore: Navigate to the home screen on your FireStick TV and go to the Amazon Appstore.
- Search for the truTV App: Use the search function in the Appstore to find the truTV app. You can also use the voice search feature on your remote.
- Download and Install truTV: Once you locate the truTV app, click Get to download and install it on your FireStick.
- Open the truTV App: After the installation is complete, open the truTV app from your FireStick’s app section.
- Activation Code: The truTV app may provide you with an activation code. Please take note of this code, as you will need it to complete the activation process.
- Visit the Activation Website: Using a web browser on a computer or mobile device, visit trutv.com/activate.
- Enter the Activation Code: On the activation website, enter the activation code displayed on your TV.
- Log in with TV Provider Credentials: To verify your subscription, log in with your TV provider credentials.
- Activation Confirmation: Once you have successfully entered the activation code and logged in with your TV provider, you should receive a confirmation message on your FireStick indicating that truTV is now activated.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully activated truTV on your FireStick.
How to Watch truTV on Firestick without Cable
Cutting the cord doesn’t have to mean cutting out your favorite shows. Thanks to the magic of streaming, you can still enjoy truTV’s lineup of hilarious reality and docu-series, even without a traditional cable subscription.
With a valid subscription to YouTube TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Sling, or Hulu + Live TV, you can watch truTV on your Fire Stick device.
Sling is one of the least expensive ways to watch truTV programs. It has three packages, and all its plans offer truTV. Depending on your subscription package, you can avail of other premium channels, such as FOX, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, and ESPN. The Sling TV plan starts at $40 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can definitely download the truTV app on your Fire Stick for free! Head to the Amazon App Store on your Fire Stick and search for “truTV.” Download and install the app; it’s completely free.
The best way to stream truTV for free is to check with your TV provider. Contact your cable or satellite provider for the login details to access truTV programs and watch live TV.
Some big names on truTV are Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow, Hardcore Pawn, Tacoma FD, and Impractical Jokers.
Yes, you can. For that, you must install the truTV app on your iOS or Android device. Once you install the app from the App Store or Play Store, log in with your TV provider to watch truTV on smaller screens.