A satellite TV and streaming service, DirecTV or DIRECTV STREAM, allows subscribers to enjoy movies, TV shows, and regional sports without needing any special equipment except for a streaming device like FireStick.
If you live in the United States, you don’t need to sideload the DIRECTV STREAM app on your FireStick, as the official app is available on the Amazon app store.
Here’s a complete guide to installing and watching the DirecTV app on FireStick.
To stream DirecTV on FireStick, you will require the following prerequisites.
- DIRECTV STREAM subscription details.
- Internet connection (Wi-fi recommended).
- A compatible FireStick or Fire TV device.
How to Install AT&T TV/ DirecTV on FireStick
The DirecTV Stream app is available on the Amazon App Store. Here’s what you need to do to install it on your Firestick device and watch premium channels like STARZ, SHOWTIME, HBO Max, EPIX, and Cinemax –
- Go to the home screen of your FireStick device.
- Look for the Find option (between the Home and Live options).
- Click it and select the App Store.
- In the App Store, access the Search feature and use the virtual keyboard to type the name of the app – DirecTV Stream.
- As you type, you will see suggestions coming up on the screen.
- Select the DirecTV Stream app from the search results.
- Now, click the Get button to download the app on fireTV.
- After installation, launch the DirecTV Stream app.
- You will now be prompted to sign in.
- Provide the sign-in credentials – User ID and Password and press the Sign In button.
After signing in, go to the homepage of DirecTV and click the Watch Now tab. Finally, you are ready to stream DirecTV on FireStick.
While you can stream movies and shows of your choice, DirecTV lets you watch live TV and on-demand content. Navigate to the on-demand section and search for your favorite video that you want to watch.
Don’t Have DirecTV Subscription? Steps to Subscribe (Sign up)
DirecTV offers tons of channels, including the big names – Animal Planet, AMC, Bravo, BET+, CNBC, Discovery, Food Network, etc. Also, it has some premium channels exclusively available on the following packages –
- Entertainment: Get the package for $69.99 per month and enjoy 65+ channels.
- Choice: The Choice package is available for $89.99 per month. It includes 90+ channels.
- Ultimate: The next lucrative package that DirecTV boasts is ULTIMATE. It is available for $104.99 monthly and boasts more than 130 channels.
- Premier: You can get the Premier package at $149.99 per month. It offers more than 140 channels.
Based on your requirements and budget, you can pick a package and enjoy programs on your FireStick.
Refer to the steps below to sign up and subscribe to DirecTV.
- Visit directv.com on a web browser.
- Scroll down to get hold of your preferred package.
- Click the START FREE TRIAL button.
- If you want to add channels like Cinemax, Starz, Epix, and SHOWTIME, select them, or you can direct click the START FREE TRIAL button.
- Now key in certain details – your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password, etc.
- After entering all the required details, click the Continue to Payment button.
- Enter the card details to make a payment. (You will only be charged after a 5-days free trial.)
Note: The free trial is for New DIRECTV STREAM customers only.
Compatible Firestick Devices
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd generation or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd generation or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd generation and higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is. You must live in the US to use DirecTV.
To get DirecTV app on FireStick, go to the Amazon App Store and install the app. We have the steps furnished above.
You will need DirecTV subscription details and reliable internet service to enjoy tons of movies and shows on the DirecTV Stream app.
In this guide, we talked about the procedure to download and stream DirecTV on your Amazon FireStick device. You can use the comment box to let us know if you have any queries.