Plex is a popular streaming media tool that allows you to create a central server to store and access all your media files on external devices. For example, you can access your computer’s hard disk from external streaming devices like Amazon FireStick, Roku, Mobile phones, etc.
FireStick supports the Plex app, thus ensuring an easy installation of the app to watch your favorite TV shows, movies, videos, and more.
To access Plex on FireStick, you need to install the Plex app from the app store and link your Plex account on your Fire TV at plex.tv/link.
Want to learn how to get Plex on FireStick? Read this guide till the end.
Must have Things
To set up Plex on Fire TV, you will require –
- Sign-in details with Plex.
- A high-speed internet connection.
- Compatible FireStick device.
- A second device to support the activation process.
Steps to Install Plex on FireStick
The easiest way to add the Plex app to your Amazon FireStick device is from the Amazon App Store. Yes, the official Plex app is available on the Amazon Store. Follow the easy guide below to install the app smoothly.
- Please turn on your FireStick and ensure it is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Use the remote to access the home screen.
- From there, go to the Amazon App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and search for the Plex app. (You can use the Voice Search by pressing and holding the voice icon.)
- Select the Plex app from the list and click the Get button.
- The Plex app will be downloaded and installed on your Firestick device.
After successful installation, you must link your Plex account to activate the app on Fire TV.
How to Link your Plex Account on FireStick
To set up and use Plex on your FireStick device, follow the steps below –
- Navigate to the Apps and Channels section on your device.
- Select the Plex app and open it.
- If you already have an account with Plex, select the SIGN IN option.
- You will now see a unique activation code on your TV screen.
- Visit plex.tv/link on a computer or mobile device.
- Sign in to your Plex account if you aren’t already.
- Enter the code and click the LINK button.
If the details are correct, your account will be linked automatically. Now, you are ready to use the Plex app on your Amazon Fire TV.
How to Sign up with Plex?
Here are the steps to create a free account with Plex –
- Open a web browser on your computer or phone and access the official Plex app.
- Click the SIGN-UP tab.
- A popup screen will appear, prompting you to enter the details.
- Enter your Email Address and Create Password.
- Click the Create an Account button.
If you want to use your Google, Facebook, or Apple account, you can easily select the right option to create an account with Plex.
Note: You don’t need to enter your credit card details to create a Plex profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
By signing in with your Plex account, you can enjoy free movies and TV shows.
Yes, you can go to the Amazon Store to install the Plex app on your device.
Go to the Amazon App Store on your FireStick and install the Plex app. Next, you need to open the app and generate a code. Use this code at plex.tv/link to activate your device.
To enjoy the incredible streaming service, movie lovers can activate Plex on FireStick. Use the simple steps mentioned in this blog to avoid bumping into activation errors.
Before you activate the Plex app, make sure you have an account with Plex. Although you can enjoy free movies, you can subscribe to Plex to enjoy premium content.