Global TV is the second most-watched television network in Canada after CTV. You can watch it for free with your cable subscription. The Global TV catalog boasts the likes of Saturday Night Live, Schooled, Abby, and many more. However, available content may vary through participating service providers.
The Global TV app is available on all popular streaming devices, including your FireStick device. To watch Global TV on your FireStick device, you must install the Global TV app from the App Store and activate it at watch.globaltv.com/activate using your TV provider subscription.
Got a cable subscription that offers Global TV? Learn how to activate Global TV on FireStick and watch Global, Adult Swim, NatGeo, Showcase, History, HGTV, Slice, Food Network, and 24/7 Global News Live or VOD.
Guide to Install & Activate Global TV on Fire Stick/ Fire TV
Cable providers like Shaw, Bell Aliant, Bell, Videotron, Telus, Access, Beanfield, BellMTS, Seaside Communications, Bruce Telecom, Cable TV, Rogers, Execulink, Source, Novus, Start CA, Eastlink, City West, and NRTC Communications allow you to watch Global TV content on your Fire Stick device.
Here’s a rundown of steps to installing the Global TV app on your streaming platform.
- Please turn on your Fire Stick device and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home icon on the remote.
- From the home screen, access the Find option.
- Select the Search option and access the magnifying glass icon.
- Type Global TV and select the app from the suggested options.
- Click the Get button.
- The Global TV app will begin to install.
- It will take a few seconds.
Watch Globaltv.com Activate on FireStick Device
After successful installation, you can follow the below instructions to activate the Global TV app via watch.globaltv.com/activate –
- Click Open to launch the Global TV app on FireStick.
- Inside the app, click the Sign in option to get a unique activation code.
- Now visit watch.globaltv.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the code displayed on the TV screen and click CONTINUE.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
- Stick to the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Your Fire Stick screen will load automatically. You can now log into your Global TV profile or browse by channels.
Can I watch Global TV without a cable subscription?
Fortunately, you don’t need to sign in with your cable provider to watch Global TV. However, there’s a limit, and you must access the unlocked content to watch it for free.
Besides, some select shows from Food Network and HGTV are available to watch without a cable subscription. And all Global TV shows are available for free for the first 7-days after they air.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch Global TV for free with a participating TV provider. Also, you can watch other popular channels in Canada, like W Network, Food Network, and HGTV, by activating Global TV via watch.globaltv.com/activate.
No, you can’t access Global TV content outside of Canada.
You must use a Canada server (VPN) to stream Global TV in the U.S.
No, you can’t stream Global TV on a jailbroken device. You will receive an error.
The only way you can watch Global TV content without activating is by getting the app on your smartphone or tablet. To watch it on FireStick, you must install and activate the service using the official URL watch.globaltv.com/activate.
Streaming platforms, including Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, and Samsung Smart TVs, support Global TV.
If you are facing login issues, please contact your cable provider immediately. They can assist you with this.
You can stream Global TV on as many as 3 unique devices at a given time.